By Timothy C. Messner
Read Online or Download Acorns and Bitter Roots: Starch Grain Research in the Prehistoric Eastern Woodlands PDF
Similar archaeology books
This e-book includes catalogues, analyses, photos and drawings of a few 2,000 archaeological artefacts excavated from the Insula of the Menander in Pompeii. The catalogues, and analyses are prepared by way of provenance - constructions, rooms, and site inside of rooms - in order that the reader can comprehend the artefacts as loved ones assemblages.
On a distant mountainside 2,000 meters above sea point within the northern Sierra Madre Oriental, the rockshelter at l. a. Calsada has yielded easy archaeological info for one of many least understood areas of prehistoric North the US, the kingdom of Nuevo León in northern Mexico. This finished website file, with certain info on artifacts and stratigraphy, presents baseline info for additional explorations within the sector and comparisons with different North American hunter-gatherer teams.
In 1981, below the editorship of Victoria Bricker, UT Press started to factor supplemental volumes to the vintage sixteen-volume paintings instruction manual of heart American Indians. those vitamins are meant to replace scholarship in a number of components and to hide issues of present curiosity that won't were integrated within the unique instruction manual.
Disseminating what's at present identified concerning the skeletal biology of the traditional Rapanui and putting it in the wider context of Polynesian skeletal edition, this quantity is the fruits of over thirty years of analysis into the remotely inhabited Easter Island. Compiling osteological facts deriving from Rapanui skeletal continues to be into one succinct research, this e-book demonstrates how the applying of recent skeletal biology study innovations can successfully be hired to handle questions of human inhabitants origins and microevolution.
- Colonisation, Migration, and Marginal Areas: A Zooarchaeological Approach (Proceedings of the 9th Conference of the International Council of Archaeozoology, Durham August 2002)
- Middle Egyptian
- Underwater Archaeology of a Pacific Battlefield: The WWII Battle of Saipan (SpringerBriefs in Archaeology)
- Community-based Heritage in Africa: Unveiling Local Research and Development Initiatives
- Ancestors, Territoriality, and Gods: A Natural History of Religion (The Frontiers Collection)
- Museums in a Digital Age (Leicester Readers in Museum Studies)
Extra resources for Acorns and Bitter Roots: Starch Grain Research in the Prehistoric Eastern Woodlands