By Julius Rudolph Weinberg
Read Online or Download An Examination of Logical Positivism: Volume 14 (International Library of Philosophy) PDF
Similar philosophical logic & language books
Defined by means of the thinker A. J. Ayer as a piece of 'great originality and power', this booklet revolutionized modern pondering on technology and data. rules such as the now mythical doctrine of 'falsificationism' electrified the clinical group, influencing even operating scientists, in addition to post-war philosophy.
Theories concerning the ontological constitution of the realm have mostly been defined in casual, intuitive phrases. This e-book deals an account of the overall positive factors and technique of formal ontology. The booklet defends conceptual realism because the most sensible method to undertake in accordance with a good judgment of traditional types.
Philosophical good judgment is a transparent and concise severe survey of nonclassical logics of philosophical curiosity written by way of one of many world's prime professionals at the topic. After giving an outline of classical common sense, John Burgess introduces 5 vital branches of nonclassical common sense (temporal, modal, conditional, relevantistic, and intuitionistic), concentrating on the occasionally challenging courting among formal gear and intuitive motivation.
As well as being one of many maximum technical philosophers of the 20 th century, John Dewey (1859-1952) used to be an instructional innovator, a revolutionary period reformer, and one in all America’s final nice public intellectuals. Dewey’s insights into the issues of public schooling, immigration, the clients for democratic executive, and the relation of non secular religion to technology are as clean this day as after they have been first released.
- Pense (Portuguese Edition)
- Philosophy of Language: The Central Topics
- Marx's 'Grundrisse' and Hegel's 'Logic' (RLE Marxism): Volume 12 (Routledge Library Editions: Marxism)
- The Aristotelian Tradition and the Rise of British Empiricism: Logic and Epistemology in the British Isles (1570–1689): 32 (Studies in History and Philosophy of Science)
- Analytic Philosophy Without Naturalism (Routledge Studies in Twentieth-Century Philosophy)
- The Theory and Practice of Autonomy (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy)
Extra resources for An Examination of Logical Positivism: Volume 14 (International Library of Philosophy)