By J. Hillis Miller,Fredric Jameson
Read or Download An Innocent Abroad: Lectures in China (FlashPoints) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
Seminar paper from the yr 2013 within the topic English Language and Literature reviews - Literature, grade: 2,3, collage of Potsdam (Anglistik), direction: Symbolism and Modernism in British Poetry, language: English, summary: In my dialogue of the poem, "Preludes" by means of T. S. Eliot, i'll continue in a kind of chronological order.
Ruskin Bond is the most well-liked Indian English novelist and short-story author, although he has now not bought the acclaim he deserved from the critics or even from the analyzing public. Bond’s novellas and novels depict the lifetime of the youth. All narrations are made via them. He describes their conditions and helplessness realistically and ushers us into the realm of the downtrodden and of poverty with no being pessimistic.
Lately there was a renewed curiosity within the moral worth of literature. even if, how precisely does literature give a contribution to our moral realizing? In Literature, Ethics, and the feelings, Kenneth Asher argues that literary students should still find this query within the lengthy and diverse heritage of ethical philosophy.
How do you get from Igor Stravinsky to Elvis Presley through Benny Goodman and the King of Thailand? From Henry Miller to Patti Smith through Allen Ginsberg and Philip Glass? Ezra Pound to Coco Chanel through Shakespeare and corporate? James Joyce's daughter to Peggy Guggenheim through Samuel Beckett? How did the main appealing girl on this planet come to layout a radio-controlled missile with the undesirable boy of song?
- Arabian Satire: Poetry from 18th-Century Najd (Library of Arabic Literature)
- Why William Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" had to die
- Liffey and Lethe: Paramnesiac History in Nineteenth-Century Anglo-Ireland
- Zombiescapes and Phantom Zones: Ecocriticism and the Liminal from "Invisible Man" to "The Walking Dead"
- Frances Burney's Cecilia: A Publishing History (Ashgate Studies in Publishing History: Manuscript, Print, Di)
- Sexuality and Contemporary Literature
Additional resources for An Innocent Abroad: Lectures in China (FlashPoints)