By P. Weingartner
Read or Download Basic Questions on Truth (Episteme) PDF
Similar philosophical logic & language books
Defined by way of the thinker A. J. Ayer as a piece of 'great originality and power', this e-book revolutionized modern considering on technology and data. principles such as the now mythical doctrine of 'falsificationism' electrified the medical group, influencing even operating scientists, in addition to post-war philosophy.
Theories concerning the ontological constitution of the area have mostly been defined in casual, intuitive phrases. This booklet deals an account of the overall good points and method of formal ontology. The e-book defends conceptual realism because the top approach to undertake in keeping with a good judgment of usual forms.
Philosophical common sense is a transparent and concise severe survey of nonclassical logics of philosophical curiosity written via one of many world's major gurus at the topic. After giving an outline of classical good judgment, John Burgess introduces 5 significant branches of nonclassical good judgment (temporal, modal, conditional, relevantistic, and intuitionistic), concentrating on the occasionally complex courting among formal gear and intuitive motivation.
As well as being one of many maximum technical philosophers of the 20th century, John Dewey (1859-1952) was once a tutorial innovator, a innovative period reformer, and one in every of America’s final nice public intellectuals. Dewey’s insights into the issues of public schooling, immigration, the customers for democratic executive, and the relation of spiritual religion to technological know-how are as clean this day as after they have been first released.
- Descartes' System of Natural Philosophy
- EPSA Philosophical Issues in the Sciences: Launch of the European Philosophy of Science Association
- Constructive Negations and Paraconsistency: 26 (Trends in Logic)
- Paradoxes (Key Concepts in Philosophy)
- On Truth: Original Manuscript Materials (1927–1929) from the Ramsey Collection at the University of Pittsburgh (Episteme)
- Bertrand Russell's Theory of Knowledge (Routledge Library Editions: Russell)
Additional resources for Basic Questions on Truth (Episteme)